FEATURE: AAP MAZOIL FAITO RACING TAKES DIFFERENT APPROACH

PODIUM FINISH FOR AAP MAZOIL FAITO RACING
November 2, 2011

FEATURE: AAP MAZOIL FAITO RACING TAKES DIFFERENT APPROACH

AAP Mazoil Faito Racing team which has yet to find its pace is hoping to do so in Round 5 of the 2011 PETRONAS AAM Malaysian Cub Prix Championship set to commence at Teluk Intan, Perak this 25 to 26 June.

In order to achieve that, the Northern based team took drastic measures to replace riders Mohd Rafiuddin Rosle, Mohd Afif Mustaffa and Mohd Hafizul Hamid with Mohd Ridwan Bakri and Mohd Syafiq Rosli.

24-year old Ridwan who rode briefly for PETRONAS Syntium Moto Yamaha Raceline and joined the team in Putrajaya will continue to race in the CP115 wherelse14-year old Syafiq will take part in the Wira category.

Team manager, Rozaimi Rizal Mohd Razali commented the changes were necessary as the team’s focus was to qualify for the final race and pick up Championship points. He also believes the Honda machines of this camp are capable of challenging the mid-group riders in both the CP115 and Wira category.

“Our main concern right now is to start picking up points but to achieve that we need good riders first. Hence we took in Ridwan and Shafiq. Both riders possess racing experience compared to our previous riders who are still developing and new to the Championship,” he said.

Rozaimi went on to talk about his confidence in the Honda bikes and said, “We made arrangements with Honda satellite team, Harian Metro TEQ SCK Honda Racing towards the end of last season to combine our mechanics so they can learn more about setting up Honda machines. Our efforts since then have proven to be fruitful as the bikes are now 70 percent ready. We are still working on the remaining 30 percent which includes technical error, track mapping and riders’ performance.”

Adding on to Rozaimi’s confidence, the team has been running tests every week. With that he hopes both Ridwan and Syafiq can hit the team’s desired targets.

“We ran tests every week to ensure everything is in order from the bike’s setup to the riders’ performance and a lot of progress is being made. Therefore, we hope to see Ridwan try to qualify and finish the race among top five and Syafiq top 10,” he said.

Issued by Global PR Sdn Bhd
Copyright to Safe Aim Mutual Sdn Bhd

Source : www.malaysiancubprix.com

Comments are closed.